I'd forgotten this was even here
So a little bit of a rabbit hole trying to find some pictures of my Final Fantasy XI character led me to stumble back on this, and it feels apt to leave a little message to anybody else from the group who ever finds it.
Hey, it's Tom, and it's been an incredibly long while. Nearly 15 years since I last posted on here, and not much less than that since I saw a lot of you...
It's hard to even remember what the teenage me was like. I'm 31 now and feel like an almost entirely different person. I stayed down in Bristol after university and hopped between a few software jobs in Financial firms, grew some confidence in what I can do, got made redundant 3 times over, found love a handful of times (and stuck with it with the last one). Depression is still a bitch, but it's easier to live with it when you're not a confused teenager.
To a greater or lesser degree, I "made it" in life. Some things could be slightly better, but some things could be a hell of a lot worse.
To any of you that stumble across this (or even somehow have email notifications still turned on), I am going to make an effort this Christmas to try and catch as many of you as I can when I head back to Bucks for Christmas. And I will be heading back to Bucks for Christmas.
I wish you all well, and do grab me on Facebook some time - i'm sure most of you still have me there :)
-- Tom



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home